Procserve is a leader in enabling secure transactions online and powers one of the most trusted and secure commerce networks in the World.
ProcServe provide an online collaborative procurement system called the ProcServe Trading Network. Essentially this is an online business to business trading system that allows organisations to buy and sell to and from each other like you or I would from Amazon.
Where the ProcServe system differs is that it allows for unique pricing (via contracts) to be displayed between specific buyers and suppliers and also allows organisations who use different procurement tools internally to connect to a common interface and exchange trading information (like orders and invoices) online. This solves the problem that many organsiations face when their own systems are not compatible with their supplier’s or customer’s systems, making it hard or impossible to trade online together.
I joined ProcServe in 2007, having worked with them for a few months as a User Experience Consultant via PA Consulting. I joined as their “Front End Architect” and was responsible for the User Experience of their products and solutions and was instrumental in establishing their development processes.
During my time at ProcServe I:
- established and chaired the company’s Development Council, a group that included the CEO, and three heads of department. We developed the company’s product roadmap, determining which requested features were developed into the ProcServe Trading Network and when
- developed the concept and design for a product called OTIS, a flexible online interface for the ProcServe Trading Network
- designed and developed the ability to skin the ProcServe system, allowing individual customers to have their own branding and design when using the underlaying ProcServe technologies
- designed the Zanzibar marketplace interface
- designed the OPEN marketplace interface
- designed the xchangewales marketplace interface
- worked with numerous ProcServe customers to define requirements and designs for bespoke features to be added to the ProcServe systems.